There is a wonderful preschool co-op here in Roseburg that I'm so grateful we heard about. The schools philosophy is learning to play and the teachers, Miss Heather and Miss Danielle, are incredible. And I mean incredible. I love that's it's a co-op so that I can be there as much as I want or can. I learn so much just observing the way the teachers handle certain situations. Miss Heather is amazing at making each child feel special and really encourages a love for curiosity and discovery. Calvin learned and grew a lot during the year he was there and it was only two days a week!
Look at that face! Calvin wasn't so sure about his first day of preschool. It took him awhile to warm up to the idea of being around all the new people. He also wasn't feeling very confident about trying out the bikes but once he discovered all the toys where he could use that incredible imagination of his, he was in couldn't wait to go back.
One of the many things that I love about playschool is the field trips they go on. This trip they went to a local apple orchard where they learned about where apples come from and then they each got to pick two apples - one to eat and one to take back to the school to make an apple pie.
0 comments:
Post a Comment