Monday, September 13, 2010

Fun with Grandpa!

My boys look forward to a visit from Grandpa Tubbs like it's better than a trip to Disneyland. If you ever met my dad you would understand why. He has boundless energy and patients for the kids. He's like the piedpiper when we go to the park or any place with kids because they just mob him. I'm not sure why I didn't recognize and appreciate that when I was younger but I feel very blessed that my kids have such a great Grandpa in their lives. If only he lived closer!

Collecting chicken eggs and their "cousin" Emily. While they were visiting we took a day to pick strawberries and rasberries. My freezer is well stocked with berries because of all their wonderful help.

Adam and my dad took these pictures while Marcia and I were gone. Apparently Emily put on her princess costume so the boys felt compelled to dress up in their knight costumes. Then they went outside and the boys made a flower bouqet for Emily and even delicately placed some throughout her hair. She looked quite beautiful. They then proceded to have a wedding and sealed it with a kiss.
*Kissing cousins may have been a problem but it's all okay since she's technically his aunt. Right?

1 comments:

Katie, Mickey, Kayin and Kareli said...

THat's adorable... I'm so glad you got pictures of all that. And I'm 'pretty' sure aunts are okay... I won't tell if you don't. Oh wait, you did...