Sunday, January 11, 2009

Updating the blog...

Well, the months of November and December were crazy for us, I never got the chance to look at my blog once, so the next few enties are going to be dedicated to updating it.

I turned 28 in November and for my birthday Adam took me away for the weekend. I love being with my kids but, wow, it was sooooo great to get away just the two of us for a change. It was our first weekend away. Adam's sister, Andrea, was an angel and came from Portland to watch them for us. Adam took me to a great little bed and breakfast in Ashland. Ashland is a very unique city so we spent a lot of time sight-seeing. We also went hiking and took in a play at this great little dinner theatre, but it we mostly just enjoyed being together and relaxing. When we got home the boys were so excited to show me the cake they had spent many hours creating for me. It was very important to them that I had a "princess birthday party" with a "Barbie princess cake", so they they made me one! What a lucky mama I am!




Calvin's first recital!

Calvin started taking piano lessons a few months ago and has really taken to it. He had his first recital here at the local library where he played "Mary had a Little Lamb". As parents, it's amazing how excited you get over each of the accomplishments.





Looking for the perfect Christmas Tree

Since we’d be in Peru for Christmas this year, we decided against getting a Christmas tree for ourselves, and decided instead to get one for a family here who could use a little extra Christmas cheer. The boys really enjoyed hiking around, hunting for the perfect one. You might notice as well from the pictures that we have adopted a new dog. She is a two year old Weimaraner that we’ve named Bailey. It’s been a little over a year since we lost Ally, our Golden Retriever, but the boys still talk about her all the time. Often when I ask them things like, “where did you get that scratch?” They reply simply, “Oh, Ally did that when we were playing.” It was obvious that they missed her a lot. The opportunity to adopt Bailey, just unexpectedly fell into our laps but we all LOVE her.

1 comments:

Katie, Mickey, Kayin and Kareli said...

That is the most adorable cake! I can't believe you have such sweet boys. I can't wait to hear about your Peru trip here... lots of pictures! -Katie