Sunday, June 14, 2009

Memorial Day

I love living in Roseburg in the summer time. There are so many fun outdoor activities to enjoy and the countryside is gorgeous. For Memorial Day we decided to hike to Fall Creek Falls, one of the many waterfalls around here. After a picnic lunch near the falls the boys enjoyed searching for bugs and other treasures among to water and rocks.

Afterward we stopped by a friends house with the intention of letting the boys bottle feed their new lambs. When we got there the lambs had already eaten so after their ride in the tractor bucket, catching a turtle, and playing with a litter of new kittens they got to feed these adorable little calves instead. Talk about a fun-filled day for little boys!

After the bottles were gone they thought it was lots of fun to let the calves suck on their fingers instead.

7 comments:

Janelle said...

That looks so beautiful! We are gearing up for our first hike and campout of the summer tomorrow. Aren't the outdoors awesome?? You guys look like you had a great time.

Ben, Christy, Tyler and Andelyn said...

How I wish I was in Oregon for the summer. It's already in the 100s here and true summer hasn't even hit yet! Yuck! Anyway you guys are cute as always, now all you need is a little girl....:) Love you!

Grammy Hagey said...

I miss the kids, the waterfalls, feeding calves, and seeing beautiful green country. The kids are beautiful. I love your outings. HUGS to all. Grammy Hagey

Katie, Mickey, Kayin and Kareli said...

Man that looks like fun! Now I DO wish I was going there instead of you coming here!

Katie, Mickey, Kayin and Kareli said...

oh, and I just read your older dancing post; that is so adorable! I can't believe they got out there and danced at all, much less with girls. You're going to be in a world of trouble when they get older! Love you!

Em said...

The waterfalls look great, its always nice to have a good hiking day. HOw fun a mother/son dance. I guess I have a mother/daughter dance nearly every day :)

You guys look great, we hope all is well.

Mel said...

ah i wish i was there! i miss youguys so much and love your little boys! miss you all hope you are well love mel