Sunday, May 23, 2010

Quotable Quotes

A funny situation happened today. Last night after a very lengthy battle with Calvin over finishing his homwork, I finally announced to both him and Adam that he was going to bed without any dinner because he had wasted all his time goofing around (it sounds harsh I know, but we had had a very late lunch so I didn't feel too bad about the decision). I took the other boys down stairs and a short time later Calvin joined us. I didn't think too much more about it until today, after church, Calvin came into the kitchen and asked Adam if he could talk to him alone. That piqued my interest. Adam came back a few minutes later suppressing a grin. Then Calvin joined us and confessed to me that Adam had snuck him a pancake before bed last night. Instead of enjoying the shared secret he had been feeling badly about it. When Calvin took Adam aside he asked him,
"Did you tell Mom that you gave me a pancake last night?
Adam: "No. Why?"
Calvin: "Because that doesn't seem very honest and it seems like you are kind of forcing me to go along with it and be dishonest.
Adam: "What do you think we should do?"
Calvin: "Don't you think we should tell Mom"
Adam: "Feeling a little abashed at this point Adam replied, "I think maybe that's a good idea"

2 comments:

The Keldsens said...

What a sweet boy!!!

Katie, Mickey, Kayin and Kareli said...

Regina, calvin is the most amazing kid I think I've ever known. That's amazing! I guess Adam learned his lesson. :)