Monday, November 15, 2010

Quotable Quotes

Adam and Calvin were having a discussion about trucks and their different engine size and the fact that trucks with bigger engines use more gasoline. Calvin thought seriously about that for a minute and then very emphatically said, "if they use more gas then they make more pollution and that's not good for the equator!"

We spent a weekend helping Adam's parents pack up boxes for their move to Medford. After filling and sealing a box we would label it with the name of the room it came from. Referring to that we had a conversation that went a little like this:
Regina: Pointing out a box to Adam that was on the table I said, "that box says kitchen".
Seth: who was sitting next to the box, gave me the most stunned look and replied, "No it doesn't!"
Regina: "Sure it does"
Seth: "No it doesn't!" then leaning his ear close to the box he said, "see it doesn't say anything!"

Over lunch the other day, I had a touching conversation with Calvin. Out of the blue Calvin piped up and said in a very serious and thoughtful tone, "Mom, sometimes when I really don't like something a lot, using the word "silly" just doesn't seem to fit when I talk about it. And I kind of want to use the "s -word" because it seems like it would fit better...but don't worry Mom because I never say it though." (the forbidden s-word he is referring to is stupid =)

0 comments: