Friday, August 5, 2011

Seth Turns 4!

My sweet little Seth turned four this month. I'm afraid that I wasn't able to give him much of a party this year but I think he had a good time. We just met at the park with some of his friends and had cake and ice cream. Being pregnant, Adam living over in Medford and attemping to pack up the house by myself just made it a little too challenging to do much more.


The only real hitch of the day was that Seth had requested a Star Wars cake which I had planned on just having Dairy Queen make but when I saw how much they were charging I decided to make one after all. I stayed up until 1am making this super cute, double-layer, whipped cream cake. The only thing I had to do to finish it was to put on the edible star wars picture that I had purchased earlier and left with Dairy Queen before deciding to cancel my original cake order. However, when I got there to pick it up the next morning, Dairy Queen had accidentally used to paper to make a cake anyway. They tried to charge me for it, but in the end just ended up giving me the cake. The kids ate the ice cream cake so now I have this big birthday cake sitting in my freezer that I can't decide what in the world to do with. I was so frustrated that I had spent so much time and effort on the darn thing and then didn't even get to use it!




0 comments: