Monday, September 15, 2008

Calvin's first day of school!

Calvin had his first day of Kindergarten last week. I can't believe we're already to this stage in life! I had seriously considered homeschooling this year but after checking out the school I was really pleased with the small classroom size, and his wonderful teacher. Luckily his Kindergarten is only two and a half hours a day but it's still hard for me to drop him off every day. I'm pretty motivated to homeschool next year for many reasons, but a big one is that I can't imagine him being gone until 3pm every day. So far Cal has really enjoyed it, his only big complaint is that he doesn't get to ride the bus home like most of the other kids. Maybe some day....


Cal has a great routine going. He gets up at almost exactly 7am every day. Gets dressed in the clothes we laid out the night before, makes his bed, brushes his teeth, and combs his hair then comes up stairs for breakfast. He makes mornings a breeze.



Calvin didn't even look back when I dropped him off. He gave me a quick hug and then wanted to get right to work.
Landon was so excited to see Calvin when we picked him up. He greeted him with a big hug and kiss

1 comments:

Janelle said...

I can't believe you're at that stage either! I'm so jealous of how cooperative Calvin is in the mornings!! Every morning as a battle!! And Donovan has the same complaint of not getting to ride the bus to school. I guess it seems like a cool thing to do.