Sunday, May 8, 2011

April Fools...

Calvin and Landon have become quite the little tricksters in their young age. This year they really understood the concept of April Fools day and came up with a little prank to play on their dad. I have to give them props for choosing a prank that they knew would really get to him. Here is how it played out:
Landon called Adam at work and said,
Landon: "Dad! Calvin tripped on the stairs of the porch and knocked out his tooth!"
Adam: "Is he okay?"
Landon: "No, he's bleeding and crying!"
Calvin: Effectively playing the crying card by pretending to sob in the background.
Adam: "Well where's Mom?"
Landon: "She went visting teaching. Lisa (our neighbor) is babysitting us."

At this point Adam hung up the phone. During this time someone had come to our door so I had only been partially listening to the exchange. When I realized that Adam had hung up I had to quickly call him to stop him from leaving work and flying to the rescue. When he answered, we all yelled "April Fools!" into the phone. He fell for it hook line and sinker and we all had a good laugh about it. I'm now starting to question the wisdom in allowing the prank however as it seems to have opened a can of worms. Landon has discovered the fun, not to mention a special gift, of fooling people (I'm quite certain he got this love of playing pranks on others from my dad) and I have been the recipient of his tricks on more than one occasion. There have been times when he has had me on the verge of panic before he tells me he's only joking. The little turkeybuzzard.

0 comments: