Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Calvin's BAPTISM!

Calvin's thoughts on his baptism and why it was so special to him:


"First I got to ride in a corvette with Dad,then we went and picked up my ice cream cake. It had a CTR ring on it. Dad and I filled the font, set up the chairs and then dressed in our white clothes. My friends and family came. My mom gave a talk on Baptism and she used eggs that represented our spirits. This time the smell didn’t make her throw up like it did in family home evening. When I was going into the font, I slipped on the last step and fell into the water! The water was cold but I said to Dad, “Think of the pioneers – that was way colder! Sometimes they even had to break ice!” When I received the Holy Ghost I could feel it pouring into me. Every time they said another word I could feel it pouring into me more and more and my smile would get bigger and bigger. I felt really good. Afterward I played with my friends, we played basketball. I was excited that they came because they hadn’t ever been to church before. When we came home we ate dinner with everyone and Mom let me play games on the phone for a long time. I got a root beer float also. And new scriptures! On Sunday, I got to sit on the stand with the bishopric."Calvin's baptism was more special than I can even express. In fact, the whole day turned out the be just perfect from beginning to end. I am so grateful for a worthy husband that holds the priesthood who could perform this first ordinance in Calvin's life.
We felt really best to be able to have so much family come and support Cal on his big day. My mom and her husband flew from Texas and we had a great weekend with them. It was really important to Calvin to invite some of his friends that are not members of the church. He has always had a really strong desire to share the gospel with others. This family that came expressed later how much they enjoyed his baptism and has asked how they can learn more about our church. We're excited to start the missionary lessons soon with them and so proud of Calvin for being such a great little missionary.

0 comments: