Calvin did something really great for his birthday this year. I lieu of gifts, Calvin asked his friends to bring food that they could donated to a local community help center. At the party, they had a treasure hunt where they followed clues to find the prepurchased food (a treasure to the people receiving them). They decorated bags and then filled them through a relay race. Finally they took their bags to the facility where they were given a tour. The people that worked there were amazed and so grateful. They wrote a story up on their website and have even started promoting Birthday Giving Parties. It was really awesome, mostly thanks to Regina. And the kids loved it. All of the other kids that went want to have their next parties there also. So here is the website: http://www.ucancap.org/ Then click on the link titled Six-year-old boy dedicates birthday party to homeless.
(The black eye is from Seth)
Monday, May 11, 2009
Calvin in the spotlight
Posted by Adam/Regina at 10:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Okay Regina! What a great mom you are! I wouldn't have thought of that idea in a million years! It looks like they had a great time.
That is the greatest idea Regina! And I love the little article, thank you for the link. I bet that starts a great trend. :-)
Post a Comment