Monday, May 25, 2009

Triathlon

Adam is no longer just an athlete, he's a TRIathlete. :0)

Last weekend our good friend, Emily, convinced her husband, Brannick, and Adam to run a triathlon with her. It was actually just a shorter sprint one that consists of a 500 yard swim, 12.5 mile bike ride and a 3 mile run. It was grueling but they all did amazing. Even after swimming and biking, Adam stil managed to average just over six minutes/mile on the run.
Just as Emily predicted, I think we've all caught "the bug" and now Adam and I are really enjoying training together for the next one. We'll see if I chicken out before then though, I'm a terrible swimmer!
Getting ready for the big race!

Crossing the finish line!

Nice farmer's tan! If you look close it says 301 on his arm, his race number.

Because we had to leave at 4:30AM, a dear friend of mine offered to spend the night and then watch the boys for us the next day. While we were gone the boys wrote these notes for Adam and taped them to the front door.

2 comments:

Kari and Jared said...

Way to go, Adam! I also liked the answers your kids gave about you on Mother's Day. So cute.

Katie, Mickey, Kayin and Kareli said...

Regina, don't even think of continuing training when you come up, or you'll be sleeping outside! But congratulations Adam! That's an incredible accomplishment! I love the kid's handwriting, it's so adorable!