Sunday, May 10, 2009

Spring Break

Over spring break the Dental Health Center is closed so Adam decided to make a little extra spending cash by working for a dental office that is short a dentist over in Florence. As part of the deal, they put us up for the week in a cute little three bedroom house that was perfect for two families so we invited my brother and his family over from Baker City to join us. It was great for the boys to have cousins to play with and friends for company while Adam worked all week (poor guy). We had surprisingly good weather and we able to spend a lot of the time at the beach. It was a great week!

The boys thought that finding pieces of jelly fish was great fun

The only picture I took of the house we stayed in.

One of the best things about Florence is the dunes. I had never been to sand dunes before but it was really amazing. The size and rolling hills would actually make it quite easy to get lost in. The boys loved it because they could just run and run. I would highly recommend it if you get the chance.

We took a tour of the coast guard station and they took us on one of the rescue boat which the boys thought was very neat.



On the last day in Florence the boys were out front of the house riding their bikes and exploring. I was on the porch watching and listening to them play but at one point I realized that I hadn't seen Calvin for 5 -10 minutes so I went looking, and where do you think I found him......yep that's right. Stuck inside that little tiny cauldron that makes me clastraphobic just to look at. He was stuck because he had almost gotten all the way through when he came to a very large and scary looking spider that he wasn't completely certain was not poinsonous. He was too far in to go back so he was waiting for me to come and get the spider out so that he could get all the way through. Which of course I did. You can see from the last picture just how far he crawled! What in the world posses boys to do some of the things they do is beyond me.

3 comments:

All the Cousins! said...

That bit about Calvin terrifies me!(I remember watching baby Jessica stuck in the well on tv as a kid!) You are such a CALM mother of boys!

Katie, Mickey, Kayin and Kareli said...

Does it strike you funny that "good" weather still looks gray and requires coats and hoods? Still, I wish I'd been there. :) How on earth did you even FIND Calvin?

Tubbs Family said...

Honestly everytime I read your blog I'm so jealous..I'm so jealous I don't think I even spelled jealous right! The beach and family...so nice! Today, since it was in the upper 70s, I put up the little pool by the sand box and the kids and I pretended we were at the beach. Pathetic, I know. I miss it so much!!! Glad you had a good trip!